While waiting for Brad to see his doctor, I was reading through the Feb/March, 2009, issue of “Military History” and came across a Letter To The Editor from Mr. Gerhardt B. Thamm, and two lines of his letter came blaring out at me, “he (Hitler) converted, via a self created national emergency, his reign into a totalitarian dictatorship.” The hair on the back of my neck stood up as these lines triggered a recent memory of someone quoting White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, saying “A crisis is a terrible thing to waste!”
Maybe I’m scared? Maybe I’m cautious? The reason I’m having these concerns is because of what’s happening in my country and the plans and actions of our rulers! Listing out these plans and actions those hairs stood up again!
1. The creation of a Civilian Security Force manned and funded equal to the U.S. military – sounds just like Hitler’s Brown Shirts!
2. Controlling/managing private business – sounds just like the Fascists!
3. Violation of our Second Amendment rights with gun control through quasi-regulation using the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009 that is quietly worming its way through Congress – sounds just like the Fascists!
4. Expansion of government into our lives and our homes. Obama said that government will watch over your children from the day they are born – sounds just like Hitler Youth and the Fascists to me!
5. Silencing of dissent and violation of our right to Free Speech through informal implementation of The Fairness Doctrine. Obama’s nominee for FCC Chairman, Julius Genachowski, believes that radio and TV station ownership should be more diverse and government should control that ownership! Sounds like Hugo Chavez nominated this guy!
Does history really repeat itself?
If regular folks like us get involved, we can make a difference!